Saturday, May 28, 2005

Home

I got home this afternoon in the heat of Florida. I am glad I have a great neighbor who turned on the air conditioner and kept the temperature reasonable in the house.
It took a while to get the van unloaded and I even unpacked some. I did a load of laundry, which would have had to be done if the trip were longer anyway. I will finish unpacking tomorrow. I got the slacks that were folded hung up (great fabric, not even wrinkled) and the hanging bag is hung-just not put away. I really took way too much and that is helpful information for the next trip. I will be more cognizant of weather although I did have what I needed this time. I found that the new jacket I bought matches all three of the slacks I took if I had needed nicer pants than the jeans I wore it with a few times.
The nicest thing is that the trip didn't cost as much as I anticipated and I only paid ONE pet fee! In Savannah, I told them, specifically, that I had pets, but it wasn't on the bill so I didn't say another word.
I think I will sleep very well tonight after a hot shower. The animals are happy to be home and have freedom to be indoors or out on the deck (even though it's pretty hot out there).

No comments: