Sunday, May 22, 2005

Arrived in Corning, New York

The drive today from Deptford, New Jersey to Corning, New York was uneventful. The weather was cloudy and cold but it didn't rain on us so even with slower speed limits and a couple of 'pit' stops, I checked into the hotel around 2:30pm.
This room has a huge king sized bed with a 'sleep number' mattress- maybe my back will feel good in the morning. The only problem is that the cats can get under it and it will be a challenge to get them into the carriers on Tuesday morning when we head back south. I will not think about it until then and maybe I can trick them or corral them in the bathroom where they are being fed as well as being a bathroom. I also have a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeepot and the hi-speed connection that is spoiling me since it's free.
The weather prediction for tomorrow is cold, cloudy and probably rain but I will enjoy myself anyway. I have my umbrella and a lined raincoat/jacket that will help keep me warm and dry and mostly I expect to be indoors. There are also several massage possibilities right near the hotel (I walked to get some dinner this evening) so I have that option too. I saw one for only $40 for an hour and that is very tempting.
That's all for today.

No comments: