Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Driving in the rain, again!

I arrived in Petersburg after a very rainy trip from Corning around 3:30PM. Got everyone and everything into the room and am finally feeling warm. With the rain came low temperatures and since the heat isn’t working in the van, the ‘defrost’ (to defog the window) works on cold air blowing. I didn’t leave it on all the time, just enough to be able to see and with the truck spray on the big highways, it is a tense way to drive. Much of the trip was alongside the Susquehanna River and even in the rain it was pretty although it would have been wonderful with some sunshine.
I do not have hi-speed internet and have realized how spoiled I am but I can connect with the phone line and although it will be slow, I’ll still be able to post this note.
We leave early for Savannah tomorrow and, I’m afraid, it will be in the rain again!

No comments: