Monday, May 16, 2005

First legs of trip

I left for Jacksonville on Sunday and with no traffic, I got there by 2:30pm. I was able to back in park in front of my room so I took the cats in their carriers individually into the room.
My friend Becky came over around 4pm and after talking for a while (we haven't seen each other for at least 2 years), we had dinner at a local Red Lobster. We talked until almost 8pm and it was wonderful.
This morning, I got up way earlier than I had planned but my cats were really not comfortable in the room (dirty carpet, Whiskers foamed at the mouth all the time) and a big opening under the bathroom sink where they wanted to go made me keep that door shut. They woke me a couple of times and I finally got up befor 7am. This motel offered continental breakfast, so I was able to have juice, coffee and a muffin and I took a bagel/cream cheese with me for lunch (I still had some cold cuts in my cooler). That bagel and cold cuts were a very nice lunch.
I arrived in Charleston by 1:30pm although it would have been sooner had I not gotten a little lost to the tune of a 30-40 mile extra circle drive. Just proves I should follow my instincts better and it would not have happened. So now I'm in a lovely Residence Inn and right after I got the cats in, the sky opened up. I still need to get some things from the car for me, but in the meantime, I got the internet connection and figured I should write. I'll be here until Wed. morning. Oh, yes, this bed is 'open' underneath so it will be a challenge to get the cats into the carriers on Wed., but that how it goes.

No comments: