Friday, May 20, 2005

Driving in the rain

We left Williamsburg before 10am this morning and it was long, rainy, heavy traffic day. I had forgotten that as you go north the traffic is bad and with the rain (and heavy spray from the trucks), it was a difficult drive. We had stop and go traffic several times on I-95 and that was a surprise. I only stopped a couple of times for a bathroom run and gas.
We checked into our hotel after 5pm and after getting the cats in and settled (not an easy task in the rain) and most of my stuff inside too, I went to have some dinner with my nephew and meet (for the first time) his wife as well as see both 10 week old Alexis and almost 5 year old Miranda (my two great nieces). I didn't stay long (they live about 15 minutes from this hotel), and was back in the room a little after 8pm.
Prediction is for no rain tomorrow but it is colder than I anticipated. I have already re-arranged some of my clothes and things to make it easier to get into the room the things I really need instead of having to go out to the van and get individual items. I make more trips for me than the cats! They are doing remarkably well except when it comes time to get them back into the carriers to leave a hotel. I have been able to load them in the carriers and into the van in about 30 minutes , which I don't think is too bad. It takes me almost as long to get my things together.

No comments: