Friday, November 13, 2009

Vicksburg, MS

Here I am in Vicksburg, MS after a couple of days in San Antonio following my weekend in Conroe/Shenandoah, TX. I did a lot of walking in San Antonio along the River Walk where I ate lunch a couple of days (more on that in a minute) and went up to the Tower of the Americas as well as The Texas Institute of Cultures.
On Wednesday evening I started to feel some stomach distress but didn't think too much about it until I didn't sleep most of the night. I finally got up and left by 7:30am but with gastric spasms. It was a very, very long drive to Vicksburg and not feeling well and being so tired I stopped more times than usual including times to just sit and close my eyes. I, therefore, did not arrive here until about 6pm CST and that's when the diarrhea started. At least, it waited until I was in the room!
Today I went to the Vicksburg Battleground (National Park) which is right across the street from my hotel. I also drove downtown and looked around and was not that impressed. The Park was lovely although I felt I was in a large cemetary (all those soldiers who died there) and there are monuments all over from all the states that participated in this battle.
Tomorrow, I will head to Knoxville, TN which is also not a short drive but I am being careful about what I eat today and right now seem to be better.

No comments: