Monday, November 09, 2009

arrived San Antonio

While in Shenandoah for four nights where my friend Diana is staying for her current contract, we mostly spent our time 'shopping' the malls and eating. It was fun but exhausting. Shopping is hard work! I didn't buy much of anything and that is good since I'm spending on food and enjoying it.
This morning I left for San Antonio and am glad it was not one of my marathon drives because I am tired. I did find that there is a streetcar system (with a stop 1/2 block from my hotel) that will take me to the center of town where the Riverwalk, Alamo, and other things are that I want to see. I went today to see how it goes and had some late lunch on the Riverwalk in an italian place (not very good food). Tomorrow I am going to take a trolley tour and get the 'overview' so I can see what I really want to see (like the Alamo) and still not 'kill' myself walking. I will be here to do more on Wed. so I do not need to cram it all into one day.
I am very lucky with weather so far and with the storm heading away from where I am (or where I'm going), I will be able to enjoy things even more.

1 comment:

Elliot said...

I was only in San Antonio once - but the Riverwalk was wonderful. Some terrific Mexican restaurants, with vast tequila selections if you're adventurous.