Monday, November 23, 2009

N.Y, Winchester, VA, Columbia, SC

I am now in Columbia, S.C.
After leaving Garden City, NY early on Sunday morning (hard even though I did not stay through the dinner at the wedding), I headed to Winchester, VA for the night. It was such an easy drive I was quite surprised because I wound up going through the city of New York (drove right past Macy's) but it was on Sunday and there was no traffic to speak about. Even with a few small detours (not made by me), I arrived in Winchester by 1pm. It was a quiet night and I went to sleep early.
This morning, we headed to Columbia, SC driving in mist and some rain (but not hard, dowpours), we got here by 3pm. I hope that Fluff does not continue to wake me at 5 a.m. each morning. It makes me sleepy very early in the evening.
I will do some sightseeing tomorrow and maybe go to the zoo if the weather is nicer but otherwise, starting at the Visitor Center downtown, I will find other things to do

No comments: