Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov. 30, 2009 -home

I am home now after last week's driving from New York to Winchester, VA to Columbia, SC, and then Eufaula, Alabama.
My night in Winchester was uneventful and the drive to Columbia was misty/rainy, not the nicest of weather but I did not encounter heavy rain. Driving with trucks when it is wet, however, is not such fun.
The weather in Columbia prevented me from visiting the zoo/botanical gardens but I did get to the Capital building and that was quite interesting. When the building was re-built after burning, it was decided to make it 'burn proof' and so it is marble and steel and the woods that are used are decorative and gorgeous.
On Wednesday, I headed to Alabama and even though it was the day before Thanksgiving, my timing was good enough to miss bad traffic and I arrived in sunshine (not very warm) and rested.
Thanksgiving was fun even though it was cold outside. After I watched most of the Macy's parade on TV, I headed to Lakepoint Park where the Whitmer clan was gathered and cooking. They really made me feel part of the family and I apprecated that very much. I only lasted until about 5pm when it was already dark outside and getting colder. I enjoyed my warm room and slept well. We 'hung out' on Friday too and they fed me well again.
I headed home on Saturday morning and was glad to sleep in my own bed at night. My poor Fluff is a bit confused with suddenly having more space than the single room of hotels, but this morning she remembered how to get out on the deck through the 'pet flap' so I guess she is re-acclimating to home. Missy has no problems since she sleeps close to me no matter what bed we are in and adjusts to all situations. They do amaze me at how, at 15 years of age they put up with the travel even though they do not like the confinement of the cage in the van.
Today the massage I am going to get is going to feel magnificent!

No comments: