Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Luray, VA

Today I saw the Luray Caverns and they really are spectacular. To think how many years and milleniums it has taken for it to get to such beauty is mind blowing.
There isn't much else to do here in Luray, Virginia and so tomorrow will be real 'rest' day for me. I have re-arranged the items in the big suitcase and duffel (my dressers in the van) and they are now back in the van (did laundry too). I would have gone to NY a day earlier but the price difference in the room is enough that I will stay here and head there on Friday morning. I am not happy that I will have to do the beltway around D.C. but that is the best/fastest way to get there and still have time to settle in before heading to the rehearsal dinner.
My lunch (and dinner) are items from the Walmart - rotisserie chicken and potatoe chips. I may treat myself to pizza tomorrow for lunch. The weather is not so great with clouds looking like they will open up and rain at any moment and with temps around 50, it feels colder. I do have heat in my room but it is hard to regulate so I've been turning it on and then off to be comfortable (it will have to run for the night).
I have made my reservations for next week and so that is off my mind since it is Holiday week and I wanted to be sure I didn't run into any difficulty.

No comments: