Monday, May 24, 2010

Maine to Canada and back to Maine

On Friday I wound up in Palmyra, ME but for only that one night since I was at a place where I was really alone. Another camper came in late but since they didn't unhitch the truck from the travel trailer, I guess they weren't staying there more than overnight either.
    I headed on Saturday to Canada but did a little touring of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park first. I got to St. Martins, NB, Canada late afternoon but with the light staying longer (and it was an hour later too), I got all hooked up and even met my next 'door' neighbors (a lovely young couple with a five month old baby and a little dog too). They live in New Brunswick but this is a new travel trailer for them so  'first' outing with it. On Sunday, I walked to the 'Caves' where I could see the tides going out and it was a good 2.5 miles roundtrip of a 'hike' for me. I spent the afternoon with my new friends out in the sun with the wind blowing very hard off the Fundy Bay. Since I had only paid for two nights (original plan was for three), and the hostess was not encouraging me to stay, I left this morning (Monday) and headed back to the USA. I was able to drive without needing the more expensive gasoline in Canada and filled up with room to spare near Calais, ME.
      I drove into Bangor where I did some Target and Walmart shopping (groceries, wine) and a stop in the Verizon store to check my phone battery. I almost got a haircut too, but didn't feel like waiting so I came on to this lovely campground in E. Orland, ME which is woods and lake (can see it from my window but have woods behind the van). I will take photos tomorrow and play with the ones from Canada too. I will stay here until Thursday, for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having one terrific trip.
Hugs
JD