Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Am now petless....

   I left home on Sunday morning with Missy. She didn't seem well, but I thought it wasn't anything serious. We arrived in Georgia and settled into Towns Bluff Park on the Altamaha river. There were only a few trailers there and many are just there without campers in them. On Monday when I thought it might rain and had very little to do, I decided that Missy needed to be seen by a veternarian since she was not eating, drinking or using the litter box. She wasn't even interested in a treat and I noticed her walking was difficult. I got an appointment in Vidalia and it turns out that she was in kidney failure! There was not much of a decision to be made then and so she was put to sleep. I am not sure how I drove back to the campground (30 miles) without crying alot but for dinner after some phone calls, emails, and cleaning out what I could of 'hers' (litter box), I had wine and ice cream for dinner and slept fairly well.
    It was pouring down rain when I left this morning but I got 'unhooked' fairly rapidly and headed to North Carolina. After several hours of driving in the rain, the sun did finally come out and I am at my friend's house (they used to live in Englewood when I did) in Hickory. We have had dinner and I will hang out for a few days before heading towards my rendevous with Sue/Jon in Kentucky. I will probably stay in a campground on the way from here to there (have to be there on Sunday) but have to decide when I leaving here first.

No comments: