Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Virginia now

Yesterday I did go into Charlotte's 'uptown' area and went to the Discovery Place where the exhibit was on sunken ships and Pirates. It really was quite interesting and there were lots of pieces from the Republic which sank in 1865 during her fourth hurricane encounter.
I was awake at 4am with Fluff crying but I still do not know why since I examined her and even fed her. Her ear is puffy and has fluid in it but not like the other night so I'm watching it and know it will need draining again.
I dozed on and off and then just got up around 6:30a.m. After some breakfast at the hotel, I headed north to Virginia where we are staying only one night before going on to PA tomorrow. I just didn't want to drive any further today. There is a buffet restaurant next door with good food so now I can have some wine and stay in for the night. The temperature is about 78 and that is so nice compared to the higher ones the last few days. The desk clerk said it was 55 here this morning so I may need sleeves tomorrow morning! I actually have turned the A/C off in the room because it was too cold. Didn't use A/C much in the van either on the drive.

No comments: