Thursday, July 23, 2009

arrived in Maine

It was a nice drive through New Hampshire to Maine today even though it was overcast and cloudy. I didn't get rain until just before I got to my destination in Rockport and then it stopped so I could unload the van in a 'dry' situation. I will probably have rain more than sun in the next week but will have fun anyway. Tomorrow my first stop is a massage! Then, I hope to explore Rockland and get information on all there is to do in and out of the weather.
On Saturday, I am planning a winery that isn't too far and in the direction of Camden. That's about as far as I've thought for now.
Fluff has made herself comfortable on the other bed (two queens in this nice room) and Missy is with me on this one. Fluff started out under a bed so this is a whole lot better. The husband and wife who own this place have dogs, cats, birds. Next door is a couple who have a cat with them. My only disappointment is that they really are not doing the 'lobster daily' as was on the website because it has been raining for long enough that they just haven't done it. The husband told me he will get me some though (not tonight) and if I buy any, he will steam it for me too.
I am looking forward to 'sitting still' for a week in one place.

1 comment:

chicki said...

last time we werre there we went to their wooden boat festival which was great-hope the sun stays out and enjoy the lobster-we mostly like it as cold on rolls-chicki