Monday, July 13, 2009

Emergency Vet experience

Arrived in Charlotte, NC around 5:30pm and it was still about 95 degrees outside. I got settled into the room and rested. Driving that many hours (about 10 with stops) made my back ache and it needed to be rested. I went out to get some dinner (take out) and then watched the 1st half of the TV movie about the meteor. I was petting my 'kids' as I usually do when we are in a strange place and felt a 'funny' ear on Fluff. When I turned on the lights, I found her ear was swollen with fluid!
I got dressed and got some help from the front desk (cat lovers) and, thank God for GPS systems, we went to an Emergency Vet clinic. I am glad it was a Sunday night when traffic was extremely light and the GPS talks to me (especially on the dark roads). Her ear got drained and he explained it could happen again (broken blood vessel) but in the meantime I will be giving her Prednisone to help stop her itchy/scratching skin problem. By the time we got back to the room, it was almost 2am so I am not in any hurry to get out and do anything this morning. She doesn't seem bothered by any of it.
The weather is cloudy/rainy but that gives me temps in the 80's instead of 90's and that is nice. I will probably go looking for indoor (museums, etc.) places to spend my day.

No comments: