Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I managed to get up into the White Mountains this morning before the rain started and found that my 'old' body is not in very good shape. I took the tram up to the top of a mountain (about 4000+ ft) and in order to get to the observation tower, there was a narrow trail along the rim of the mountain. Some was uphill and then the tower stairs to the top but it was well worth the huffing and puffing. Then, I went down the the Flume area (all in Franconia Notch State Park) and that little 1.5 mile trail was mostly up! Another beautiful and well worth the hike trips and I just stopped and rested a few times. I talked with some folks from California who were resting almost as much as I was and so I had company on part of the trail (we thought we were on the down part but that was not the case).
When I was leaving was when the rain started so my timing was very good. I went into Plymouth, NH and found the hospital so I could try to get a suture removal kit (Fluff's stitches come out on Sunday). The pharmacy next door did not have any so I went into the hospital itself and the triage nurse gave me (free!) a kit. Then I found a sushi place and had lunch. I have food for dinner so I do not have to go out in the rain today again. The rain is supposed to move out by tomorrow mid-day so I can do some other 'sight seeing'. On Thursday, I am going to my B & B in Maine and will stay there for a whole week.

No comments: