Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last day in Maine

Today will be my last day in the state of Maine. Yesterday the sun was out all day and I can really understand why this is such a great summer destination. I went to to top of a small mountain (Mt Battie) and then walked out (almost a mile each way) to the Samoset lighthouse along a breakwater which protects the bay from really bad storms.
I did drive down to Freeport (home of LL Bean) on Monday while Fluff was at her 3rd vet getting the stitches (I couldn't get them out since they were so embedded ) out and being looked at (they 'squeezed' her in their day so I had to leave her there) and she got an injection of an anti-inflammatory drug. I spent more on her than on me this day.
My hosts gave me a lobster sandwich with corn on the cob for dinner and I have spent time talking to them. They have suggested I come for a couple of months next year and have the apartment which is available here. It is something I will give some thought to doing although there are other places I want to visit too.
My Fluff's ear is healing but it will never stand up perky again. There is a breed of cat with ears that look like what her left ear is like now (the ears sort of lie down) but she has not seemed bothered by any of her 'ordeal'.
Today is the start of the Lobster Festival and I intend to eat one or two of those delicious crustaceans.
I will pack as much as I can into the van today (after I eat) so I will have less to do in the morning before heading to my next stop which will be an overnight in New Windsor, New York. Then, on Friday, I will head to Salem, VA (by Roanoke) for two nights and end on Sunday in Kennesaw at Sue's house where I will 'rest up' until I go home.
At this point in the trip, I am happy about the vacation even with the veternary visits.

No comments: