Saturday, July 25, 2009

The sun, the sun!

The sun actually came out around noon today and it really is prettier country with sunshine. I can now say that I drank wine at 10 in the morning. My alcohol intake record was vodka at 11 a.m (many years ago) but when you go to a winery, you taste and it happened to be only 10 a.m.!
I enjoyed the winery but only bought a small glass and no wine. I shopped and ate lunch (lobster roll) in Camden, ME (had driven up to Lincolnsville to see where the ferry leaves to go to Islesboro--where my nephew got married) and then stopped at the other store (same winery but not at the vineyard) to taste some more!
I went into Rockland and enjoyed the scenery (harbor, boats) and got some fresh baked bread, cheese, Genoa salami that will be dinner with wine.
I am disappointed about not having lobster here where I am staying but will just have to buy it to get my fill. I can get it at a market and have it steamed if I want to eat it in my room and that could be less expensive than in a restaurant.
I am enjoying this trip even with the weather interference.

No comments: