Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Michigan

Since I have had no internet I was not able to update my blog but I think it has been a week since I wrote anything. I am in Copper Harbor, Michigan and it is currently raining. Yesterday, after a nice stay in Mackinaw (did the carriage tour on Mackinac Island) at Tee Pee Campground including an evening with Becky and Corbin, I headed to Sault Ste. Marie and watched boats go through the locks before taking the Lock Boat Tour and going through them myself. It is interesting to watch the water rise and fall to allow boats to go onto the St. Mary River and either into Lake Superior or Lake Huron depending on the direction they are heading.



Then I realized that I had time (in the rain) to drive all the way to where my RT friends from Melbourne were ending a rally so I did that and spent the night with them including doing a potluck dinner (I stopped and got food for it). They planned to head here to Copper Harbor so I decided to join them and stay for a couple of days too. We ate in a restaurant for dinner and now have great left overs for another dinner tonight. This morning we all walked most of the town and visited some gift shops and then Nancy headed back to the campground while Judith and I walked to the boat marina and took the Lighthouse tour. I asked a couple from this boat ride if they would drive us back into town and they took us right to our corner. We had time for a bathroom stop and by the time we got into our vans, the rain started.


1 comment:

Pepper McKean said...

We are still at the Tee Pee, we leave on Friday. It sounds like you are having a great time. Did you or did you not end up with a cat?

Pepper