Sunday, July 25, 2010

Michigan to Montana

Hard to believe but I am in Montana! When I left Michigan, I spent a night near Duluth, MN and the next day did some vehicle maintenance at Jiffy Lube. Then I headed west and spent a night in Grand Forks, ND. I had intended staying in another campground further west but still in North Dakota but encountered, for the first time, a campground that was full! I thought I might have to spent a Walmart night when I got to almost the Montana state line because another place I called was also 'full'. So, with daylight lasting 'forever', I just kept going west and spent a night in Glasgow, Montana. I called a few places in my 'plan' and made reservations for Sunday night (near Havre, MT) and starting on Tuesday I will be in the East Glacier area for three days. On Monday night, I have not confirmed a reservation but think I will be in Ft. Benton, MT and can do some sightseeing there.
   Before leaving the ladies in Michigan, we spent a day in Calumet and toured an old theater there. The town was a copper mining town and even Sara Bernhardt performed there. I took a few photos in the theater.
These are in arch over the stage.



   

No comments: