Thursday, July 29, 2010

Glacier

I am in a campground directly across from Glacier National Park and the scenery is amazing! Yesterday I did the Red Bus tour on the Going to the Sun road and am glad the driver was at that wheel and not me! I got to take great photos and learn about the park while not having to watch the twisty, not always smooth, road. There is construction going on to repair the parts of the road that are really bad and that means 'flag' men who stop traffic and make it a one way road in several areas. The trip started in St. Mary (we were picked up at the campground) and ends at the Lake McDonald Lodge almost the end of the road on the west side of the park. After lunch in the lodge, we returned and got to take more photos. I started out in a jacket and ended up not needing sleeves at all!
at the campsite


glacier made valley


Logan Pass view


scenery


Have many more photos -these are samples. I am planning to return to the Park today (walking, using shuttle inside the Park) once the clouds blow away. I was told of a nice waterfall that I can hike to (not too far)  which feeds the St. Mary Lake and that is the view I have from my campsite location.

1 comment:

Pepper McKean said...

These pictures are just beautiful. Sounds like you are having a great time.