Monday, April 25, 2011

South west


sunset in Stockton, TX
 After I left Ft. Worth, I stayed a couple of nights in Tyler and then in Stonewall, Texas. I did not do much sight seeing because nothing interested me enough so when I left Texas (with a night in Ft. Stockton first--great sunset), we headed to Roswell, New Mexico.


 
alien ?

art piece
   From Roswell, we headed north to Santa Fe where I got to Diana's house but had trouble getting level so I went to a campground about 5 miles from her house. I did get to see her art which has so improved from two years (when I thought it was great) ago that I am hoping she starts selling it and getting out of the management business! She and her friend, Victor, spent Friday and Saturday evenings with me.



      Petey and I headed south on Easter Sunday (no traffic on I-25) and went further than I had thought and we are in Mesilla, NM (Las Cruces). This park is close enough to the old Mesilla square that I was able to walk there, browse, have lunch and return before it got hot enough inside the RT for necessary a/c. I thought the wind would help keep it cool enough but it was not so Pete has his 'coolness' to sleep.

       

Center of Mesilla


1 comment:

momi yaya said...

Sherry, I was in Roswell once back in 2000 and gave a presentation at the Museum. They also have some of my publications in their library. How cute is that little alien? I have that same shot as on your post.