Monday, April 18, 2011

Florida to Texas

big gun
Have been enjoying time in the last week with friends in between driving. In the panhandle of Florida, with G., we visited the Pensacola Light House and then Ft. Pickens.
from top of lighthouse
 










From there I headed to Louisiana where I only stayed a night in each of two campgrounds. In one, I was offered (and accepted) some freshly made Jambalaya and it was really good.

water lilies
      The next campground was in Tyler, Texas where I 'rested' and took care of laundry. I did a lovely walk there.

    It is across the street from a rodeo arena but being during the week was nice and quiet.










rooster art

jugglers in the wind



I headed to Ft. Worth to spend time with J.D and we had a great time. I stayed in a campground where most everyone there are full time residents which was interesting. We later discovered that JD has enough amperage that I could have easily parked in her driveway. I was concerned that Petey would not have his a/c in the afternoons so that was the reason we did a campground. It worked out OK. It was very windy the day we went to the outdoor art Festival and those jugglers did not do much juggling.
       We ate well while there, walked while seeing things and I enjoyed a great lecture that JD did with two other ladies concerning the use of social media . I am resting in a campground near the LBJ ranch and will do some needed house cleaning today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Had a great time with you! Ya'll come back now, hear?
Hugs,
JD