Friday, May 06, 2011

time flies.....

These are photos of the Parker dam 1Parker dam..Colorado riverParker Dam which is on the Colorado river and formed Lake Havasu which is where the London Bridge was moved several years back to link an island with Lake Havasu City.
15. Lake Havasu6. London Bridge 1
On the way back south, the views were really terrific. View..road south Havasu
After leaving Arizona, I headed into the desert of California to Desert Hot Springs and spent a night there. I did have a good view of a mountain with snow still on the top.D. Hot Springs
From there I headed to the L.A. area and the last hour I did on Historic Route 66 so I went through all the towns including Pasadena and Burbank. The campground is in Van Nuys and is about 12 miles from my nephew’s house.
I’m looking forward to Mother’s Day at his house (will park overnight there since the temperatures are dropping enough to not need my a/c during the day).

No comments: