Friday, September 24, 2010

A week to go...

    I am here in Georgia at my second campground after spending a few days in my friend's driveway. I am not thrilled with summer still hanging around and the need to run my a/c but I have been able to sleep at night with just the vent/fan and that's better than a/c.
             I went to Callaway Gardens and after some walking, I watched the Birds of prey 'show' which was two birds showing their free flights and the 'keeper' explaining all about them. The owl was swooping very low and I had to duck a few times to avoid getting hit.
The flowers in the Horticultural Center were really pretty and this photo is just outside the building!
   The butterfly exhibit was showing only Blue Morphs and they are difficult to photograph with the blue wings in open position. I got more photos of various butterflies when I was on Mackinaw Island in the butterfly exhibit there (photo above shows the blue ones on the window).
     Tomorrow I will go to Alabama and then head back east to Brunswick, GA. On Thursday, next week, I will be going to Ft. Clinch (Fernandina Beach, FL) for a rally with the Roadtrek chapter and that will be my last campground before going home. It will be fun to spend my birthday with my Roadtrek friends.
 

No comments: