Wednesday, September 01, 2010

September...already!

I can't believe it is already September! In the last week I have done more 'eastward' travel and arrived in Kentucky after some Wisconsin and Indiana. 
 This is Taliesin, the house built and lived in by Frank Lloyd Wright in Wisconsin. The interior designs and landscapes from this house are wonderful and a studio and school for selected  students of architecture exists to keep his ideas going.
   From this place, I drove many back roads and saw lots of corn being grown. I also found some Amish folks riding in their wagons including one who was in front of me and took a while before realizing that if he stopped, I could pass. I was in no hurry so I didn't mind the time frame at all.

I went on from there into Indiana and then Kentucky where I got to see the Mammoth Cave for a couple of 'hiking' hours. It is really quite interesting as a dry cave which goes on and on and on for many miles. The stories told by the Ranger were quite good about who started exploring this place.
    I spent that night in a small campground and met a lovely couple who live in Australia. They bought a used Class C and are driving it to California to be shipped home!
    I am spending a couple of 'relax' days in a Corps of Engineers campground that is lovely on Lake Barkley. There are only about 6 rigs in this whole place but a couple who just arrived told me it will be full for this weekend. I'll be heading to Nashville tomorrow.

1 comment:

Pepper McKean said...

You have really been around. We are in Indiana now and heading to Ohio for a couple of weeks. The leaves are starting to change so hopefully we will see fall colors before we head west. Safe travels. I won't say "have fun" because you are having a grand time.