Thursday, September 09, 2010

Kentucky, Tennessee

I am at my last campground in Tennessee. I am almost out of wine so I need a Walmart that sells wine and in Tennessee that isn't happening (I have a brand I like that only Walmart sells) so tomorrow I will head to North Carolina and have already put a Walmart Supercenter in the GPS!
   I have done some time in Kentucky and then Tennessee. The entrance into Mammoth Cave is only the start of a long, dry cave but fascinating. It was a lot of 'hiking' in the cave and then 'up' to get out of it.

I spent that night in a nice little place where I met a couple who live in Brisbane, Australia. They bought a used class C and are driving it to California where it will take a boat ride home to Australia.

Then I spent a couple of nights in a Corps. of Engineers campground that was on Lake Barkley, in Kentucky. It is a beautiful park.
     After that I headed to the Nashville area and stayed in a campground where they have country music on Thursday nights (the night I arrived) and dinner is available for purchase too. 
.
                                                      I did tours the next two days (one in downtown Nashville and then the next day (all day) to the Jack Daniels and G. Dickel distilleries
 Notice that Jack was quite still during this photo op.
      After four nights there, I moved on to a place near Knoxville and then headed here to Bluff City, TN. As mentioned, I will head to North Carolina tomorrow - still not sure where from there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Lady!! Love your blog.
JD

Karen Q said...

Wow, you are Everywhere! I am so happy for you! You Rock! Great photo too. Karen