Thursday, August 31, 2006

sunshine in Portland

My weekend was rainy but on Saturday I got to Deptford, New Jersey without a problem. The cats, of course, love the Towneplace Suites with it's kitchen cabinets to play with and room to 'hang out'. I spent part of the time with my niece (in law), her parents, great nieces and nephew and it is always great to see them.
On Monday, I headed to New London Connecticut. It was cloudy but didn't rain until I got there. It was a smaller room but worked OK for the two nights we were there. I did get to visit the Mystic Seaport on Tuesday morning because the rain held off until about 11:30am.
Yesterday (Wed.), we headed north and because I got off the interstate for a bit, it took longer to get here (Portland, Maine) but -NO RAIN!
It is not supposed to rain until Saturday so I will try to get the outdoor sightseeing mostly done today and tomorrow. I am heading to the waterfront and intend to finally get my seafood, outside on the water.

No comments: