Sunday, September 03, 2006

About to leave Portland, Maine

I am about to leave Portland, Maine after being here for four nights. I did the sightseeing I wanted to do which included a trolley and boat tour (really beautiful scenery) went to LLBean and the multitude of outlet shops in Freeport, and even did some indoor mall stuff. I really only needed two full days here, but having three was OK too.
I am hoping to get the van loaded before the rain starts but anticipate driving all day in the rain to Burlington, VT and probably won't get out of rain until Tuesday when I head out again. I can't really complain about the weather since I've missed the really bad stuff and am grateful that I decided to leave a week earlier than originally planned. Had I left when I thought, I would have been right in the middle of the heavy rain and flooded areas of North Carolina and Virginia.
As usual, my cats know this is a 'different' morning but there aren't too many places they can hide so getting them loaded in the carriers shouldn't be too hard.

No comments: