Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Day 3

I have arrived in stormy Wilmington, NC after a lovely couple of days in Charleston, SC. On Monday, Sue came and spent the day (slept over) sightseeing with me. We did a carriage ride and some walking but the heat was really bad and we needed to go back to the hotel to rest before we could go out for dinner back in the historic area of Charleston. We certainly can't complain about our eating for the day what with lunch in an Irish Pub and dinner at a place that gave us so much food I didn't eat it all and there was no thinking of dessert.
I am lucky that I had some rotisserie chicken and cole slaw left over (from my dinner Sunday nite) so that I could eat tonight because the rain is so bad that the streets flooded and I was not about to get back in the van. My alternative would have been the Outback Steakhouse that is right across this parking lot. I am hoping that it will be clear enough tomorrow for me to do some sightseeing in Wilmington that also has a great historic area downtown and I'm not that far away. Apparently they have a free shuttle that you can use to go around the area once you have parked your vehicle and I will do that unless the weather is really good and I can do a tour (carriage or trolley).
My cats are doing very well and I'm attributing that to them being older. They had a really good time in Charleston where we had a separate bedroom and full kitchen so there were lots of cabinets that they could 'bang' doors and get into and they chose to do alot of it during the night! In order to leave today, I retrieved a few of them from inside cabinets and drawers but they are doing well while in the cage in the van.

No comments: