Thursday, September 21, 2006

My couple of days in Atlanta were nicely filled with the Aquarium and Stone Mountain as well as some personal care (haircut, manicure/pedicure) and eating in restaurants we don't have in Melbourne.
I chose to use the MARTA system (train) to get downtown Atlanta and it's good that I did since it was on a 'football' Sunday and traffic was unbelievable as well as the parking fees!
Their Aquarium is not exactly what I expected (was thinking more outdoor viewing) but well worth going to visit anyway.
Stone Mountain was a place I had never gotten to even though I had been to Atlanta several times in the past. It is a beautiful park and I enjoyed a 'Duck' ride (big bus that goes into the water and is a boat) as well as the aerial tram up to the top where I walked on top of the granite mountain itself.
Today I am home 'recovering' and I expect that will take several days. I have things to put away, mail (oh, my god, do I have mail) to go through, house to take care of (a month without cleaning will require much time to 'catch up'), and a body to get back to 'normal'. I hardly know what day it is yet.
So, for those who have been following my journey, it is over for now.

No comments: