Saturday, June 11, 2005

Tropical Storm Arlene

The first storm of the new Hurricane season has brought more rain to our area after last week's six days of it. The ground is pretty well saturated now and, hopefully, after today, it will become a normal 'summer' pattern, which could mean rain each afternoon but not all day long for several days in a row. It was coming down so hard that it woke me at 4:30AM and then with the darkness, I slept late.
Tomorrow I'm 'on call' for the O.R., so I am hoping this bad weather is gone in case I have to go and drive in it. I usually do get at least one case on the Sunday 'call' and I don't mind it as long as it isn't in the middle of the night.
I have re-visited my plans for the next trip and am still a little undecided as to when I will really get back on the road. I've been home long enough now that I am ready to go again but will honor my committments to work and the zoo and those are through July. I have made several road plans depending on the weather and when I really leave and am trying to research hotels/motels and the 'all suite' places that I like the best while keeping a 'budget' in mind. There is no doubt that I will go again but departure date is still unknown.

No comments: