Saturday, July 23, 2011

Minnesota stuff

Although I had some rain in Pipestone, I still got to the National Monument across the street and had some 'hot' sunshine, in the pool days too.
     From there I did a night in Thief River Falls (a small, very northern town).
bottom of a quarry--red is pipestone

many were flooded from so much rain

Monument entrance sign

Pipestone fort (replica)


sculpture in town

From Thief River Falls, I went to "Pete's Retreat" near Aitkin, MN and spent four days there with much of it in the pool to keep cool.
So today I am in the Buffalo Valley Campground, but it is raining and only 55 degrees outside. I am not complaining after all the over 90 temps we have had but it is strange to need my heat rather than a/c to keep comfortable. Will head to Wisconsin tomorrow (Sunday) and Lake Superior.

No comments: