Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the rain in Pipestone, MN

  Today in Pipestone, it is raining and really poured (thunder and lightening during the night) but having a 'rest' today won't hurt.
  
I left Cheyenne and headed to South Dakota (slept overnight in Nebraska) and to my ‘fun’ campground in Custer. I drove through the Custer State park and the scenery and wildlife are wonderful. When I got to the campground I was remembered (stayed there last year) and I wound up staying three nights instead of the two I had planned. They tried to get me to stay longer (were going to lower the rent) but I needed to move on and headed towards Sturgis. I stayed in a lovely, quiet campground for a couple of nights (I did drive through Sturgis and some of the mountain canyons), and then headed to Badlands National park where I drove through (and back) but didn’t stay there as originally intended. I drove on to a small town for the night and then came all the way to Pipestone, Minnesota. I had lunch in Sioux Falls before leaving South Dakota and will stay here for a few days. Hope to walk across to the Pipestone National Monument and into town (if the rains slows or stops!).
buffalo..real...Custer SP

herd in Custer SP

mule in Custer SP (thru window)

cathedral spires..Custer SP

on the Needles Loop..Custer SP

Badlands

Badlands 'old' dunes

horse at Rush No More

Rush No More Camp

buffalo sculpture in Custer

clouds over Custer

1 comment:

momi yaya said...

I hope to travel that same route someday. Enjoyed the photos.