Sunday, June 26, 2011

Idaho


   Driving in Idaho was really a lovely surprise for me. I didn't realize how pretty much of it really is and the rolling hills and pretty canyons and valleys made driving enjoyable even with the very curvy roads.
Ponderosa State Park

We stayed in this lovely State Park in McCall after leaving Bear Lake (stopped just outside of Boise first) and getting there on ID 55 was a beautiful drive.
  I put my 'girl' pinwheel out by my site and it always get me conversation from other campers.

My 'girl' pinwheel




site in Ponderosa


We drove on from there to Lewiston to visit with Gwen which was fun. The temperature had gone down enough to not need a/c, so I was parked in her driveway needing electric only for a few things and since I didn't have to cook, I did not need my propane either.
She took me to see the town which lies in a lovely valley in the rolling hills as well as driving around to see the areas in the town itself which is a 'kin' to Clarkston, WA (right across a bridge) and taught me that these towns were named after Lewis and Clark since they are really on the Lewis and Clark 'trail'.



view of the valley

It is a nice 'perk' to be able to visit other Roadtrek 'solos' along this trip and adds to the enjoyment more than can be imagined.



No comments: