Friday, June 17, 2011

Experiences

Well, I must admit, mom takes me lots of places and some are really quite an experience! We wound up in Las Vegas after a few not very interesting places for overnights. The purpose of going there, she said, was to visit with some friends and get to see the new bridge by Hoover Dam. We didn't expect to have temperatures of 102-107 while we were there!
   Mom tried to take me to dinner with her friend Judy since it was so hot in the RT, but the restaurant wouldn't let me stay so we came back and got through the evening OK (the temperature had gone down enough for the a/c to be of 'good' help). The night was fine with the air conditioner and the outside temperatures tolerable.
  The next day, her friend Barb came and took us to Hoover Dam. I was not really thrilled about being in the carrier and Barb said I could be out in her little car.
the new bridge

Hoover Dam

sculpture of a builder


When we got back from Hoover Dam, mom left me in the RT and she went to lunch with Barb. She got back and we 'suffered' through the afternoon heat together. She put wet towels on me to cool me down and when the sun started setting, the outside temperature cooled and we got through another night with the a/c running. We left very early the next day and headed north to a cooler situation and both mom and I were quite happy about it.
After a night in Utah, we continued north and now we are in Idaho. We came through the Logan Canyon and at the top there was a visitor center and a great view of Bear Lake which is where we headed.


Bear lake
on the road N. Utah to Idaho
It is really nice to only need to open the windows to be comfortable and we might even need the heater during the night!

No comments: