Saturday, November 13, 2010

Petey's first ride

  Took Petey for his first ride today in the RT. He wasn't thrilled but did very well. He yelled at me some (not the whole time) and spent his time on the floor and not the bed or front seat. He did come and try to sit on me too. I ran a few errands so I was able to see what happens when I go out the side door and then the driver's door. He was no where near either of them so, although I will always be very careful, I think he is going to do just fine. When we got home (were out about an hour and half), he hung pretty close to me and now is back in his 'closet' safe spot sleeping. I will do this again with him before a ride to the vet and our trip to a campground next Saturday.
    Just for the record, I weighed him and he is 16.6lbs when I do it on my scale (deducting my weight) so he is a mighty big boy!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Good idea to test him and get him used to riding. I always worry about cats getting out - they are so fast! He must be comfortable with you, since he's not trying to escape. :)

Pepper McKean said...

Yeah! I think he is going to do well and become a great RV kittie.

Unknown said...

Have a great time with Petey.