Sunday, June 06, 2010

Crisscrossing New England

It seems to me that I have been crisscrossing New Hampshire after doing some of that in Maine. I spent the last two nights in Massachusetts but it was just below the N.H state line and tonight I am sleeping in N.H again. I spent my day mostly in Portsmouth wandering the town and hoping the rain would hold off which is did until I got back into the van and headed south again to this campground. I only shopped in Walmart and a grocery store because prices in Portsmouth are 'tourist' priced items and I have found I can get things in Walmart that have the state name on it (souvenirs) for lower prices. As soon as I paid for tonight and walked out of the office, the sky opened up and the rain was like a faucet. It let up just a smidge to allow me to get 'hooked up' but then rained pretty hard for a while. It has actually stopped now. Watching two small squirrels chase each other around a tree is really funny. This type of squirrel has a red tail, is almost as small as a chipmunk but they are still squirrels in behavior.
    I did get to walk into Ashland while there and took a few photos just to try to show off the fact that these little towns are surrounded by great mountains of beauty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Facinating country. Maybe someday I will travel up that way. Enjoy your trip.
JD