Thursday, August 19, 2010

To Wyoming

I have been driving daily but with some sights along the way such as Yellowstone National Park and their Grand Canyon.
.
    The beauty is hard to capture in a photo from my small camera but you must believe me that this is a great place to see.
   I went on from there to Cody where I spent a night and then on to Sundance where I went to see the Devils Tower National Monument  (picture above) and the Vore Buffalo Jump (a large sinkhole where the Plains indians rounded up buffalo so they would fall to their deaths and provide food).
Here's one guy all by himself, resting.
       ---Today I am in Custer, South Dakota and will probably stay here a few days. Daily driving gets very tiring and in this campground, they do a barbeque on Friday night. The host here already plied me with wine on my arrival and I am one block from town so I can do some walking.

1 comment:

Pepper McKean said...

I would like to be greeted with a glass of wine. Where is this campground. We are back in Michigan. Mom likes the temps and she can breath better. I am hoping to be heading into Indiana and then Ohio in September. Safe Travels.