Thursday, September 01, 2005

Six days on the road

I arrived in Keystone, South Dakota today after leaving Mitchell, SD this morning and since I gained an hour, it was too early to get into my room. I had some lunch and drove up to Mt Rushmore to see how far it is and it is only two miles. I finally got into the room at about 1:30pm and got the cats settled. It is the smallest room I've had but still has a refrigerator, microwave, queen bed (they can get under it), a small table with two chairs and a built in type of dresser. I have to use dial-up for internet but, at least, it works where I couldn't get connected two days ago in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
I will be here for two days and am looking forward to seeing Crazy Horse and the Presidents on their respective mountains tomorrow. The weather is perfect so I can't complain and the stores are all having end of summer sales that are really good. I will buy things tomorrow now that I have browsed the Keystone stores and am pretty sure of what I want to buy that I can use and will be souvenir's too.

No comments: