Thursday, August 18, 2005

Santa Fe

Well I'm off to Santa Fe this afternoon but this time it will be in an airplane without the animals. I am going to spend a few days with my friend, Diana, at her 'new' house where she hasn't spent much time due to her job that kept her more in California and didn't give her much time to empty boxes and put the house together. She hasn't had a chance to explore in the town and so we are looking forward to fun exploration of Santa Fe and I'm anticipating the beauty of the scenery. She tells me that she is happy there and that makes me happy!
My beautiful Silver Fluff (mostly Maine Coon) developed an infection over the past weekend and although she responded to antibiotics, I did take her to see the vet who pulled a few teeth yesterday (not even the cause of the problem) that were rotten. She is eating again after a couple of days of not being interested, so that's a good thing and will get her antibiotic until I get home. With very few teeth in her mouth, it is not difficult to give her a pill and Donna (my great friend/neighbor) will take good care of her.
When I get back from Santa Fe, I will be getting a new (replacement) fireplace and then I can get ready to get 'on the road' again. My plan for the trip is almost finalized- I had to leave a few things off to balance out the cost of the this fireplace thing- and the weather in the direction I'm going is already cooler so I will have to pack the right clothing for all kinds of weather.
Until next time--from another location--

No comments: